Transportation Logistics in Bangalore with Alstom
Req ID:72426We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Lead Buyer – Transportation and Logistics
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. India
Managing Sourcing process for Indirect Services spend for multiple projects with in India, the position will be based out of Bangalore location and should be able to travel to multiple Alstom location depends on the project needs. The resource will be responsible for handling ofTransportation and Logistics commodities related sourcing activities, This activity involes negotiating and finalising the contracts with CHA’s / Inland Transportation / Over dimensionla cargo / EXIM contrcats with different service providers, The resource will work closely with Regional and Global Commodity Manager to align with the commodity strategy and to help in implement the same at the desired level with the local units., The position requires good knowledge on Logistics sourcing activities . The resource should have considerable work experience in managing all transportation / logistics related sourcing activity from railways industry. The Resource should also have good amount of knowledge on Import procedure and statutory requirement.
Key focus areas:
- Working in ERP (SAP) including PR, PO and vendor creation work
- Working with multiple location and different geography
- Implementing Sourcing process and delivering Cost Savings
- End to end knowledge on tranporation and supply chain logistics requirement both domestic and on international freight forwarding
- Identify and engage inbound vendors; develop requests for quotations; and negotiate the best value possible; utilize customer routing mechanisms.
- Provide continuous operational improvement by ensuring contracted carriers deliver required and committed service levels.
- Develop market intelligence program that benchmarks key industry indicators/market price to ensure accurate price forecasting and risk mitigation.
- Generate innovative ideas for increased process efficiency & reduction in cost
- Vendor selection / Evaluation / negotiation of contract (within threshold value) / Business case preparation and follow DOA approval flow
- Review and negotiate Transportation contract terms and conditions in concert with corporate legal and corporate risk while balancing capacity and service requirements.Negotiating the contractual agreement with the vendors for the high value work packages and contract management during implementation of the project including monitoring the performance of the vendor and manage claim during the shortcoming of QCD requirement.
- Support site team in day to day indirect activities and adhoc requirements
- Closely working with Commodity manager in high Value project requirement and do local co-ordination
- Graduate ( preferably BE/ B Tech)
- 10+ years of experience in Indirect Sourcing., Specialized in Transportation and Logistics activities including managing vendors from various streams of logistics ( CHA, OOG, Internaltional FF, domestic, Express cargo and courier services) from Railway /Manufacturing industry
- Good Analytical & Communication skills and fluency in English
- Knowledge and hands on experience in Supply chain management, logistics, sourcing & costing
- Strong Technical skills with logistics and SCM process knowledge
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills
- Presentation skills on technical matters to management, team and Stake holders
Location – BangaloreAn agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.