Senior Engineer in Bangalore with Uber
Edge API Gateway Team at Uber is responsible for building and managing the API Gateways for all the Uber Mobile App Integrations, External API integrations, and streaming data integrations with backend services. The services managed by the Edge Platform team are some of the most critical services that Uber business relies on to run securely and efficiently. At peak, the platform will handle close to 700K requests per second. 1000s of engineers across all the different Uber Product teams use our platform on a daily basis for creating and updating the API endpoints that are exposed to the outside world.As an Engineer on the Edge API Gateway team, you’ll be building Edge Gateway, Uber’s API Lifecycle Management Platform, a fully-managed end to end API Gateway Solutions that enables engineers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs & Streaming end-points at any scale. Every optimization that could save a few minutes in Edge Platform directly contributes to a savings of 100s of engineering hours across the engineering org and helps improve the overall engineering velocity.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What you will do:
- Build the most efficient and reliable Uber Client
Backend communication platform * Enable gRPC for mobile to backend communication by leveraging Uber’s Standard Networking library.
- Write tools to improve the reliability and performance of the Uber Apps
- Partner closely with the partner teams to help build the future of the Uber app
- Track the success of your feature experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams to iterate on delightful user experiences.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers or new engineers joining the team.
- Design, implement, and rollout re-usable frameworks to serve the product needs of feature teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- 5+ years of full-time iOS engineering experience with strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C and deep understanding of iOS SDK.
- Proficient in object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git)
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences
- Champion the best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile applications. Experience in efficiently collaborating on projects
- Strong Code and documentation – Code should be used as the example for your company and should have the potential to build and design technical solutions from the ground up.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.