Product Owner in Bangalore with Standard Chartered
About Standard CharteredWe are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Requirement gathering, analyzing and documenting it in JIRA.
- Write the corresponding user stories and provide feedback on areas of improvements/ gaps to technology team.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Evaluate existing and proposed business processes with respect to proposed solution and share feedback with process owners.
- Manage change requests with respect to scope and timeline by following change control process and maintain the product backlog in JIRA.
- Manage conversion & user acceptance testing with respect to execution, defect management with technology teams for timely closure.
- Manage dress rehearsals with end users, technology teams for successful completion of user verification and conversion verification tests.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to end users/ management teams.
- Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Identify risk/ issues, report and escalate to management as appropriate.
- Facilitate project team meetings and status review meetings
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s governance framework
- Co-ordinate and manage the various stages of end user testing such as UAT [User acceptance testing), UVT & CVT (User Verification Test & Conversion Verification Test)
- Serves as the SME for dress rehearsals and conversion related activities
- Supports pre- & post Implementation activities in countries as business champion
- Process teams
- Group & Country stakeholders comprising of
- Operations Risk
- Legal and compliance
- Credit and Risk Operations
Our Ideal Candidate
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- Experience in Banking Domain
- CBAP, CSPO/ Agile certification preferred
- Strong understanding of business analysis principles.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent Microsoft excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project skills
- Logical approach to problem solving and an excellent eye for detail
- Good communicator, exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Be a leader, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence across functional lines to ensure all participants and stakeholders deliver according to schedule
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent facilitating and moderating skills
- Exposure to JIRA and Confluence is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Should possess high levels of the skills such as, attention to detail and conflict resolution
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering, MBA is preferred
- Professional Certifications: CSPO, CBAP is highly preferred
- Bank training; mandatory & developmental – role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.