Nodejs Developer in Bangalore with SAP
Requisition ID: 262747
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full TimeCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Ruum is on a mission to bring process automation to everybody in the enterprise. We are the flagship product of the SAP.iO Venture Studio, an Incubation Unit within SAP, the world market leader in Enterprise Software, and Germany’s most valuable company. We’re a 30 people team, lean and laser-focused, with a big vision: simplifying and automating work for a billion users across the globe.
We’ve grown our product to users from more than 2.000 companies in the last year, and we received €10 Mio funding from SAP. Given our strong traction, the huge market buzz on collaborative work management, and our unique setup of being part of a global tech giant, we believe we have the opportunity of a lifetime to make a big impact in the world of SaaS!
We’re proud of the diverse and talented team we’ve built, check out our current team setup: . At the moment we are 20 engineers with full ownership over our product; frontend, backend, databases, and operations. To learn more about life at SAP you can see this little intro and then enjoy the
As a backend developer, the majority of your work will be on the backend, and you will own the backend piece of the features you develop.
- Work in a team with highly talented software engineers that deeply care about building a great product.
- Work primarily on the backend but also be comfortable with the Angular frontend.
- You own your code from ideation to development, and through QA and support
- Write clean and well tested code
- Work together with design, frontend engineers and product management to deliver new and improve existing features.
- Improve existing Product Architecture and coach other Backend Engineers by sharing best practices.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend web applications with NodeJS
- BTech degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with TypeScript and scaling NodeJS backends
- Experience with writing complex SQL queries.
- Excellent English skills
- Comfortable on the command line
- MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiar with Kubernetes deployment and monitoring
- Familiar with event-based software architecture.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Frontend and/or willingness to learn Angular for helping the Frontend team with the webapp data connection layer.
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.