To supervise the operations of the designated outlet and ensure the highest standards of guest satisfaction are attained through service of the highest quality
Reports to the Asst F&B Manager/F&B Manager
Varying degree of interaction with Food Production, Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering and Sales
· Work with the F & B Manager & the Chef on Menu planning and pricing.
· Plan and organize various food festivals, restaurant promotions or special occasions.
· Monitor the daily number of covers and the average check of the restaurant.
· Manage the beverage costs (alcoholic and non alcoholic) as per the budgeted limit
· Review the profit and loss statement of the outlet and draw up action plans
· To ensure adherence to brand and experience standards.
· Manage staff performance, identify their training needs and address their grievances and counseling issues.
· Restaurant set up & mis-en-place
· Restaurant inventory (supplies, perishables, liquor etc)
· Implement an effective system of recording guest history, preferences and other guest related data
· Work in association with the Sales and Marketing department in the area of guest mix, guest profiles, effect of new competition outlets etc.
· Maintain constant guest contact, build relationships, solicit feedback and monitor the GSTS for the restaurant.
· Monitor the daily number of covers and the average check of the restaurant
· To ensure timely guest feedback it taken and recorded
· To handle grievances of team members and resolve conflicts
· To ensure proper duty allocation
· To ensure proper billing process has been carried out
· To make sure proper handover of cash takes place
· To assist in creation of the duty schedule for staff
· To co-ordinate with stores regarding status and delivery of indented items.
Knowledge / Skills
- Thorough knowledge of different cuisines, service styles, standards and restaurant concepts
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Micros and Fidelio (or any other property/ point of sale systems)
- Budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Menu Pricing, Planning & Designing.
Education / Knowledge
- Graduate/Diploma in Hotel Management or Graduate in any discipline from a well-recognized Institute / University.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years experience in supervision of an F & B outlet